Gravitas MTC Downhill 27.5" Wheels
Designed for and tested on the Downhill World Cup Circuit, for lap-crushing confidence.
With a honed 27.5mm internal width, Gravitas wheels offer tyres large sidewall support, while remaining narrow enough to avoid unnecessary rock collisions.
Using our tried and tested asymmetric design we have equalised spoke tensions and built a package that dominates descents, whilst cutting down on bulk where it isn’t needed. To compensate for the differences in wall length and strength of an asymmetric design, the wall thicknesses have been proportioned to balance out impact forces equally. The Gravitas offers offset wheel benefits, without compromise.
At the core of these Gravitas wheels are our all-new instantaneous 120 point pick-up MTC Supadrive Boost and MTC Front Boost hubs, with sealed bearings and super-wide spaced flanges for increased stiffness and durability.
100% hand-built and pre-fitted with tubeless tape, Gravitas wheels are tubeless-ready from the box.
Coloured decal kits available aftermarket.
Front Boost 110 x 15mm thru
Rear Boost 148 x 12mm thru
- Spokes - Black triple butted stainless spokes
- Nipples - Black brass
- Rim Depth - 20mm
- Internal Rim Width - 27.5mm
- External Rim Width - 33mm
- Rim Joint type - Sleeved
- Front Hub Spacing - 110mm Boost
- Rear Hub Spacing - 148mm Boost
- Drillings - 32H
- Freehub - Shimano HG, MicroSpline or SRAM XD versions
- Freehub Body - Body Alloy XD and MicroSpline or Cro-Mo Steel HG
- Drive System - Supadrive
- Disc Mount - Center Lock
- Spoke pattern - Front 2x, Rear 3X
- Recommended Tyre size - 2.25-2.7"
- Tubeless - Tubeless ready
- Colour - Stealth Black