DT Swiss Competition Double Butted Silver - Each
- The company we now know as DT Swiss has been drawing steel in Biel for over 350 years and their spokes are still made completely in house in Switzerland to the highest possible standards of quality and workmanship
- The classic lightweight butted spoke for all round use, the Comp is a cycling classic and relied upon by everyone from commuters to World Cup Downhillers, if in doubt, use Comps!
- The 14 / 15 gauge double butted spoke is 1.8 mm thick in the centre to save weight, but 2 mm thick at the end where strength is needed
- Whereas other brands stretch and weaken their spokes to butt them, DT's unique and closely patented ultrasonic peening process cold forges the spoke, actually strengthening the metal, giving DT's the best strength to weight ratio of any butted spokes
- Made exclusively from Swedish X5 stainless steel that is custom blended just for DT
- The rolling of the nipple thread removes no metal from the spoke and preserves the grain of the material, maximising strength and greatly reducing the likelihood of failure at the threads, a common issue with lower quality spokes
- Weight: 311 grams for 64 x 264 mm length spokes, 2 mm thread