The Krampus frame is constructed using the same custom-designed, frame-specific, Surly CroMoly Natch steel tubes found on many of our other trail bikes.
The main triangles tubes are internally butted with some tubes externally tapered, flared like a trumpet and ovalized to add stiffness and strength without adding weight.
When you add in the 3 tires, it makes for a resilient and lively ride thats durable and fun as hell.
If youre looking to ride through/over/off of obstacles, may the Krampus be your mighty steed. As Thor puts it: Lean back, hang on, and ride that wild horse.
- Tubing - Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Custom double-butted trumpet tube main triangle. TIG-welded. ED coated.
- Rear Dropouts - 12mm horizontal and vertical slotted with derailleur hanger and Surly Gnot-Boost 135, 142, and/or 148mm hub spacing compatibility
- Brake Compatibility - 51mm I.S. disc caliper mounts, 180mm max rotor size
- Braze-ons/extras - Two down tube bottle-mounts on all sizes (SM-XL), no seat tube bosses
- Seatpost - 9mm
- Seatpost clamp - 1mm (Surly Stainless included)
- Headtube - 44mm
- Front Derailleur Clamp - 9mm, high direct-mount (not included)
- Bottom bracket - 73mm Englich Threaded
- Chainring Clearance - 30t Boost 1x, 24/36t Boost 2x
- Tire Clearance - 29 x 3.0"
- Fork - 15mm Thru-Axle, 1-1/8 steerer tube, 203mm disc brake clearance and 29 x 3.0" tyre clearance
- Thru Axle - HU0138 Surly 15x110 and 12x142/148 Thru Axles (included)