Our conventional headset is made to fit standard frames and 1 1/8" fork steerers. They include custom made stainless steel bearings (which are replaceable). The cups, taper ring and crown race (which is split for easy installation and removal) are all machined from 2014 T6 aluminium. All headsets come complete with the Hed Doctor. Sealing is achieved through an adjustable taper ring cover and integrated rubber seal. The bearings also incorporate their own sealing, and being made from stainless steel resist corrosion - a real advantage over a conventional steel bearing.
Hope Conventional Headset Specifications:
- Rubber sealed cartridge type, stainless steel bearings and additional 'O' ring seals in the cups to ensure years of maintenance free running.
- It's strong enough for downhill use, yet still light enough for cross-country.
- Includes Hed Doctor to replace star washer.
- Bearing Type: Sealed stainless steel cartridge type.
- Cups: 2014 aluminium
- Head size: 1 1/8"
- Weight: 90g
- Upper stack height: 17mm
- Lower stack height: 14.1mm
- Total stack height: 31.1mm