The Light Blue Parkside 5spd is a is a lightweight alloy framed urban bike featuring the latest version of the low maintenance Sturmey Archer 5 speed internal gear hub system.
The timeless upright style and comfortable riding position belie the underlying lightweight modern performance it can deliver. Whether heading off for the next lecture, nipping to the shops or even heading out of town for some gentle leisure fitness, the Parkside 5spd was designed for ease of use and low maintenance.
Light, strong 'double wall' heat treated Halo aluminium rims shod with anti-puncture Halo Tourist 35C tyres enable the wheels to cope admirably with the often less than perfect modern city streets and will also allow detours onto scenic pathways with confidence.
A high specification, elastomer sprung Passport 'Upper Class' Squidge-tech Gel padded saddle, along with ergonomic handlebar grips and brake levers with rubber inserts ensure superb comfort for the rider.
With an overall gear ratio range of 256%, the latest Sturmey-Archer 5spd internal hub gear system provides a useful range of gear options for urban cyclists, who may encounter some more challenging landscape undulations than perhaps Cambridge has. Simple gear selection using the alloy thumb shifter makes changing gear a breeze, even for the inexperienced user perhaps finding themselves stationary at the traffic lights in an inappropriate gear.
The rust-resistant Passport 'Elements' series chain, stainless-steel spokes and a sealed bearing bottom bracket reduce maintenance and help to keep a cleaner machine.
The Parkside 5spd is supplied complete with a useful, lightweight aluminium rear carrier that includes a pannier-bag supporting 'dog leg' design along with a handy spring cargo clip. Also fitted as standard is a full-circle chainguard and 'virtually unbreakable' chrome-plastic laminated mudguards. The high-rise handlebars allow adequate space for an optional-extra front basket to be installed.
As with all of our The Light Blue bicycles - the Devil is in the detail
- FrameLightweight, tig welded aluminium.
- ForkDependable tubular steel.
- HandlebarLightweight, High-rise alloy, North Road style swept back.
- StemLightweight alloy, quill type adjustable height.
- GripsPassport Upper Class Ergonomic Grips
- SaddlePassport Upper Class Squidge-tech Gel with anti-scuff panels
- Gear LeversSturmey Archer 5 Speed alloy thumb operated shifter
- ChainPassport Elements anti-rust coated.
- CranksetDurable 38T steel chainring with lightweight alloy 170mm cranks.
- Rear Sprockets17T Sturmey-Archer C-50 series
- Bottom BracketLow maintenance sealed bearing cartridge.
- Brake LeversBrake levers with rubber inserts
- BrakesPowerful V-brakes with alloy adjusters
- PedalsLightweight aluminium pedals with grippy rubber inserts
- RimsStrong, doublewall, heat treated Halo White Line aluminium.
- SpokesStrong, easy to maintain stainless-steel
- TyresHalo Tourist anti-puncture tyres 700x35C
- AccessoriesRear alloy carrier, mudguards and wrap around chainguard.