The Light Blue Chesterton Step-Thru is a lightweight alloy framed urban bike featuring a low step-through kissed tube design and fitted with an easy to use, reliable and sporty 7spd Shimano Tourney derailleur gear system.
The timeless upright style and comfortable riding position belie the underlying spritely modern performance it can deliver. Whether nipping to the office or the shops, or even heading out of town for some gentle leisure fitness, the Chesterton may well be all the bike you'll ever need.
Light, strong 'double wall' heat treated Halo aluminium rims shod with anti-puncture Halo Tourist 35C tyres enable the wheels to cope admirably with the often less than perfect modern city streets and will also allow detours onto scenic pathways with confidence.
A high specification, elastomer sprung Passport 'Upper Class' Squidge-tech Gel padded saddle, along with ergonomic handlebar grips and brake levers with rubber inserts ensure superb comfort for the rider.
The rust-resistant Passport 'Elements' series chain, stainless-steel spokes and a sealed bearing bottom bracket reduce maintenance and help to keep a cleaner machine.
With an overall ratio range of 250%, 7 speed Shimano Tourney series Indexed derailleur gear system provides a useful range of gears for the majority of Urban cyclists. The simple push-button operation with an indicator window makes derailleur gear operation a breeze, even for the inexperienced user.
The Chesterton comes supplied complete with a useful, lightweight aluminium rear carrier that includes a pannier-bag supporting 'dog leg' design along with a handy spring cargo clip. Also fitted as standard is a full-circle chainguard and 'virtually unbreakable' chrome-plastic laminated mudguards. The high-rise handlebars allow adequate space for an optional-extra front basket to be installed. This Cambridge designed machine is ready to serve the discerning urban cyclist.
As with all of our The Light Blue bicycles - the Devil is in the detail
- FrameLightweight, aluminium with low-step thru kissed weld design.
- ForkDependable tubular steel.
- HandlebarLightweight, High-rise alloy, North Road style swept back.
- StemLightweight alloy, quill type adjustable height.
- GripsPassport Upper Class Ergonomic Grips
- SaddlePassport Upper Class Squidge-tech Gel with anti-scuff panels.
- Gear LeversShimano Tourney 7 Speed push-button type with gear indicator window.
- ChainPassport Elements anti-rust coated 7 speed index.
- Rear Sprockets11-28T 7-Speed Shimano index freewheel.
- Bottom BracketLow maintenance sealed bearing cartridge.
- Brake LeversBrake levers with rubber inserts
- BrakesPowerful V-brakes with alloy adjusters
- RimsStrong, doublewall, heat treated Halo White Line aluminium
- SpokesStrong, easy to maintain stainless-steel.
- TyresHalo Tourist anti-puncture tyres 700x35C
- AccessoriesRear alloy carrier, mudguards and wrap around chainguard.
- ColourCambridge Blue or Sweet-Pea Pink.