RockShox Bluto RCT3 Solo Air Forks - 15mm
You’ve probably observed more and more riders are on bikes that look “different” on your trails. Bikes that have wheels and tyres of gigantic proportion – and we’re not talking about 29ers here. The thing is, even though fat bikes were created to float on top of sand and snow, they’re just too damn fun not to ride on dirt. So how do you amplify your fat bike adventures even further? With a supercharged, ultra efficient, first of its kind fat suspension fork called BLUTO.
They started with the features you’ve come to love from RockShox: Fast Black aluminium upper tubes, stout 15mm Maxle, remote or crown adjustable damping, tapered steerer tube, and the infinitely tunable Solo Air spring. Then, the chassis got the fat treatment by re-engineering it to meet the unique needs of fat tyres and wheels. Everything from crown, to arch, to axle has been optimised to tackle the increased torsional loads of its wide stance. With more traction and control than ever before, you’ll never be happier you went fat.
- Weight: 1,796g (3.96lb)
- Damping: RCT3
- Springs: Solo Air
- Adjustments: Rebound, crown or remote lockout
- Crown: Forged, AL66 TV aluminium
- Upper Tubes: 32mm aluminium, Fast Black
- Lowers: Magnesium
- Maximum Rotor Size: 200mm
- Other: Axle: 15x150mm Maxle Lite, Offset: 51mm, Brake Type: Disc
- Air Guides: RockShox print Air Guides on all of their air-sprung forks. Maybe not a technological feat, but it will help you set up your suspension in seconds instead of minutes. And more time on your bike equals more chances to earn King of the Mountain on your favourite trail. Maybe they are a technological feat.
- Rapid Recovery: Who doesn't want more available wheel travel for successive hits? The Rapid Recovery System allows the shock to recovery faster between consecutive bumps letting the wheel track the ground with greater precision. This more active suspension system doesn’t pack up and enables the bike to ride in a higher and softer part of the spring rate. Rapid Recovery gives the rider access to more available wheel travel, bump after bump, to achieve a smoother and more controlled ride.
- Maxle Lite: Who obsesses over the weight of their wheel axles? It’s ridiculous, right? It’s just a rod of metal bolting the wheels to your bike. But then again, Maxle Lite is a nifty thru axle system that makes your bike both lighter and stiffer. And less weight makes it easier to get your bike to do what you want. Especially when you don’t need to bring tools to remove it, front or rear. And that extra stiffness gives you the precision to hit your lines no matter how burly. So maybe that obsession isn’t so ridiculous after all.
- Motion Control™: Imagine riding on the moon. Rolling hills, crushed rock blasted out of craters ...craters. There’s no gravity so you wouldn’t even need a chairlift. Unfortunately you can’t ride on the moon. There’s lots of gnarly terrain on earth. But, earth has gravity so you’ll need suspension that climbs as well as it descends. With the Motion Control damper technology you’ll do just that.